12 May 2009

Edinburgh Trip 1

Of all the cities that we have visited here in the UK, I think that Edinburgh is the most beautiful. It is also the one with the most character.

We recently spent 4 days there and stayed in our favourite hotel chain - Travelodge. Our decision to stay at the Edinburgh Central at St. Mary's Street turned out to be right choice. It was right in the middle of the Royal Mile - between Edinburgh castle and Holyrood Palace. The hotel staff were really friendly and helpful and we didn't have any problems during our stay apart from the fact that the lift was out of order a couple of days. I got some exercise walking up and down the stairs.

You can see that we enjoyed the trip or otherwise I would have been ranting on about the broken down lift. I was great to get away from it all - from the stress of our research work and I didn't access the Internet even once for the whole four days. Though it did drizzle a bit now and then, over the weather was great all the while we were there.

Here are some pictures from the trip:

100_0359
Trying to make sense of the map

100_0355
Tattoos anyone

100_0364

100_0363

100_0374
The Scottish Parliament

100_0372

100_0380
Gates to the palace

100_0379
Arthur's seat

100_0384
Balmoral Hotel

100_0389
The Royal Mile

100_0390
St. Giles and Statue of Adam Smith in the distance

100_0393

100_0394
St. Giles' Cathedral or the High Kirk of Edinburgh

3 comments:

D said...

Edinburgh's very classy, isn't it? I just missssss the place so much! Nothing compared to Coventry at all. ;)

Jennifer Steuern said...

I actually live near Edinburgh! I do appreciate it though.. it's a lovely city. I am often in Glasgow, but I hate it.. Edinburgh is much nicer. I'm glad you had a nice time!

BabyPink said...

hi adam! :)

wow, judging from your photos, edinburgh is indeed a really nice place! i hope i can go visit that place in the future. :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin